Tuesday, January 6

Winter Muesli

So it has probably been a year or two (or three if I'm honest) since I've posted anything on here. The intention to keep it updated over the next while is there but whether it happens or not remains to be seen!

Anyway, back to the muesli. This one is pretty straight forward and more importantly -delicious and nutritious. My sister Joanna introduced us to this recipe which she got from her friend Julie, so we just know it as Julie's muesli. I usually make twice the quantity below.

Ingredients:
200g oats
150g mixed nuts (whatever you have)
50g seeds
25g coconut
1/2tspn cinnamon
5 tbspns of honey
3 tblspns olive oil
2 tblspns sunflower oil

Method: Heat over to 180. Mix all ingredients in a bowl and spread on oven tray. Bake for 25minutes, tossing every 5.

Rumour has it this will stay fresh for ages but I've never known it to last long enough to find out!



No comments:

Post a Comment